"I still haven't found what I'm looking for". Bono old mate get along to Ruttsy's solo art exhibition 12th March @ Ministry of Art & you will discover great rock star art that you've been looking for!!!
|Ruttsy’s Rock Star Exhibition
As many of you know I run an art gallery on weekends as part of work/life balance. Over summer I have been working on my own art, and so I am excited to announce my first solo art exhibition - Rock Stars - opening night Thursday 19th March 2015 at the Ministry of Art and on for 2 weeks. Rock Star artworks include Blondie, Bolan, Michael Stipe, Johnny Cash, Bjork, Springsteen, Elvis...
|My Aim is True
|The Man in Black
Johnny Cash The Man in Black, an iconic American legend, man of the people and one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. A quick note couldn't do justice to a long & lustrous career so I will just quote the lyrics from Sunday Morning Comin’ Down, my fave Cash track. Well I woke up Sunday mornin', with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt / And the beer I had for...
|Ministry of Art launched
Hi All - I've been a little quiet on the Ruttsy website of late as all my energies have been directed into launching a physical art gallery called the Ministry of Art.It has taken all summer and most of Jan, Feb and March to launch this venture - but it has been an enormous amount of fun!! What a great way to continue the art...
|2013 – My Art Reflection
There were 3 important things I learned about my artistic pursuits this year;
1. My abstract layering works were popular but my portrait based works provoked more commentary and interest. Learning: combine the two into something unique.
|Top 50 Debut Albums – #1. Ramones – Ramones (1976)
1. Ramones – Ramones (1976) Having played in a Ramones cover band this was always going to be the #1 debut great record for me. The Ramones are a hugely important band, the forefathers of the punk movement, and the inspiration for heaps of bands that followed. My teenage memories are of full of Blitzkrieg Bop, Beat on the Brat, Judy is a Punk, I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend…..all burned...
|Top 50 Debut Albums – #2. Pixies – Come on Pilgrim (1987)
2. Pixies – Come on Pilgrim (1987) My favourite band. They have no bad song, all are magnificent. This debut was an appetiser. Caribou, I’ve Been Tired & Levitate Me – sublime. http://youtu.be/0TJZ0eSb-b8
|Top 50 Debut Albums – #3. The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses (1989)
3. The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses (1989) Sometimes you only need one album to become legends. This was it. The great debut album!! http://youtu.be/TbU7oVz0Uq0
|Top 50 Debut Albums – #4. REM – Murmur (1983)
4. REM – Murmur (1983) It started here with Mitch Easter in the producers chair and the opening song Radio Free Europe. Every song that followed on the album is brilliant. The brilliance flowed over into Reckoning, Fables of the Reconstruction, Life’s Rich Pageant, Document & Green which are arguably the best first six records from any band – ever. http://youtu.be/tjr6P9CepZc
Music is critical to what I do. Finding something in a lyric or a melody
helps shape and influence how a piece takes shape.
Listening to music whilst I paint is incredibly meditative and hours
can go by as I lose myself in the process.